Test click and conversion tracking
Test clicks and conversions tracking.
Follow this process and check if your affiliates can drive clicks and conversions.
If you have added Affilae Tag on your website, you can now test if it works for your affiliates.
– Click tests
– Conversion tests (leads and sales)
You must create a click first to track a conversion.
First, you need an affiliate tracking link (ex: website.com/#ae1).
1. To get yours, Go to “My affiliates” menu and click on the “+” button. Fill out the form with a valid email address.
The name of your profile should be: “Test + Mywebsite”
2. Then go to the “Media” menu and click on the “Link builder” tab.
- Copy the affiliate link from your test account, and open it on your browser.
- Check if your click appears on your dashboard.
3. Finally, place orders on your site to trigger conversions on the conversion rules you have created. A new conversion should now appear on your dashboard.
What if clicks don’t show up?
1. Disable AdBlocker.
3. Make sure you have moved the mouse on your site within 10 seconds after clicking on the affiliate link.
6. Check if your IP is not blacklisted or if your country is authorized on the program settings.
7. If you already have a valid click and try again to generate one, please check if you are out of the session timeout. In order to avoid spam, a visit can not be counted twice during this period. (For tests, you can pass this duration to 0).
What if conversions don’t show up?
To trigger a conversion, you have to visit your affiliate link and generate at least one click.
Only a dedicated domain name configured in your “Commission rules” can trigger conversions. If the conversion domain match your program domain then leave the field blank.
1. Disable AdBlocker.
2. Make sure that the Affilae Tag and conversion Tag is loaded on the conversion page (e.g. order confirmation) and that you have entered the right variables. Affilae Tag must be loaded first in order to trigger the conversion Tag properly. If you use a Tag Manager like GTM you may want to use the option `Window Loaded` on the trigger of the conversion Tag.
3. Make sure the conversion amount parameter is more than 0 if the commission is calculated on a percent of the sale. (affiliate groups)
4. Check if your IP is not blacklisted or if your country is authorized on the program settings.
Need help? Contact us.